
No, no----I'm not really. But Mama Kat's writers workshop tells me to pretend I am. And to write my own obituary. Since I'm doing this past 9 am in the morning (when the tumbleweeds are blowing through blogland and the lonely air is ringing with the sound of crickets), I probably won't have many readers--but I'm intrigued with the idea so here goes
*************************************
Jennifer P. was found dead in her golden bed this morning. She slipped away peacefully in her sleep with her boyfriends Alan Rickman, Sporticus, and Blake Lewis by her side.
She was loved by all who knew her, but especially by her children....and also those she gave her millions to. Her fortune was made in the lucrative world of poetry, where she will be remembered for her readings to standing room only crowds and her status as Poet Laureate of the United States for 23 years in a row. She also ran an interior design business, recorded a jazz album, was the 3 time Iditarod champion, restored vintage british roadsters, and drove a forklift for a packaging company on the weekends "just for fun".
Her childhood was a happy, imaginative one where she use to pretend she was going to the sports club to play tennis with Leif Garrett and Shaun Cassidy (which really meant walking to the end of the street with a tennis racket, standing next to the stop sign, and talking to herself). As a teenager, she was the one picking flowers along the side of the road, and rescuing stray kittens--while sporting blue streaked hair and wearing fishnet stockings with Doc Martens. She also had some mad, teenage synthesizer playing skillz.
Her 4 beautiful boys must have come to her through immaculate conception, for surely she would never have married anyone who duped her and left after 13 years....
Her funeral will be held, as she requested, at the circus. Everyone will eat popcorn and wave overpriced light-up toys while the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings an original composition devoted to her. Blake Lewis will also do a little beat boxing. Afterwards, the remainder of her fortune will be divided amongst all those in attendance and she will be buried beneath the Luxor in Las Vegas.
No one can say this woman didn't know how to live.
aaaaah yeeeeah.
(*elements of fiction may have been woven in amongst the truth in the above piece. I'm just sayin.... :) )
*************************************
Jennifer P. was found dead in her golden bed this morning. She slipped away peacefully in her sleep with her boyfriends Alan Rickman, Sporticus, and Blake Lewis by her side.
She was loved by all who knew her, but especially by her children....and also those she gave her millions to. Her fortune was made in the lucrative world of poetry, where she will be remembered for her readings to standing room only crowds and her status as Poet Laureate of the United States for 23 years in a row. She also ran an interior design business, recorded a jazz album, was the 3 time Iditarod champion, restored vintage british roadsters, and drove a forklift for a packaging company on the weekends "just for fun".
Her childhood was a happy, imaginative one where she use to pretend she was going to the sports club to play tennis with Leif Garrett and Shaun Cassidy (which really meant walking to the end of the street with a tennis racket, standing next to the stop sign, and talking to herself). As a teenager, she was the one picking flowers along the side of the road, and rescuing stray kittens--while sporting blue streaked hair and wearing fishnet stockings with Doc Martens. She also had some mad, teenage synthesizer playing skillz.
Her 4 beautiful boys must have come to her through immaculate conception, for surely she would never have married anyone who duped her and left after 13 years....
Her funeral will be held, as she requested, at the circus. Everyone will eat popcorn and wave overpriced light-up toys while the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings an original composition devoted to her. Blake Lewis will also do a little beat boxing. Afterwards, the remainder of her fortune will be divided amongst all those in attendance and she will be buried beneath the Luxor in Las Vegas.
No one can say this woman didn't know how to live.
aaaaah yeeeeah.
(*elements of fiction may have been woven in amongst the truth in the above piece. I'm just sayin.... :) )





29 comments:
Really? Blake Lewis AND Alan Rickman...you are seriously a woman after my own heart! I loved your obituary.
Visiting from Mama Kat's!
You seriously crack me up! Maybe I should throw some blue streaks into your flower???
That's the Jen I know!
I would love to eat popcorn at your funeral. Sounds like it would be a real celebration of your fabulous life!
That's awesome. I'm a mooch and am so coming to the funeral to get my share. And eat popcorn. And hear MoTab.
I'm SO there.
No fair. I want to have my funeral at the circus!
I'm SO coming to your funeral. Fun for all! And money too! Hmmm...will you write my obitiuary? I know I'll trying to train for the darn 5K! LOL!
Oops, I meant, I'll die, trying...
I'm surprised Dos Equis Beer hasn't contacted you for one of their "Intriguing women" commercials......she once had an awkward moment just to see how it felt.....lol. Good Job, Poet Laureate!!
Now that was a good life you lived!
I think a cicus funeral would be pretty spectacular. : ).
After talking about cancer yesterday, when I saw the title of this post, my heart stood still for a second. Sigh. I'm glad it was fiction!
You never cease to make me smile Miss J ;)
Love the circus funeral idea! Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate a lively life.
Visiting from Mama Kat's!
bwaaaaaa! hahaha!
You are truly hilarious! I love your humor, makes me laugh all the time.
As much fun as the funeral sounds, thank heavens you haven't done ALL that the obituary talks about. That way we still have time to enjoy your regular blog postings :D
Sounds like you had a great life! A forklift for fun, huh?
You excited to find out the top 20 tonight?
You're going to scare the crap out of people with that title!! Boy you really lived a full life...I'm so proud.
Yessss, going out with a bang. What a life!
XOXO
Jen
Haha! Buried beneath the Luxor---aren't you taking your chances that there might be some shady characters resting there as well? =)
LOVED it! I wrote from the same prompt and couldn't stick to the 45 word limit either.
LOVE your blog. Will be back, girl.
Wow, how creative...loved it!
Just stopping in from MamaKat's writer's workshop. What an interesting obituary!
I was gonna come to your funeral, but then I heard that Blake Lewis was going to be there.......
I loved ya whilst you were amungst us;-)
Please...
Please tell me Sportacus got his gymnastic talents on (you) before you slipped into eternity.
OK, sorry. I got tacky. Love me through it.
Because I LOVE that you died in bed with Alan, Blake, and that Scandanavian Hottie. Good times.
This is the best post. Ever.
This is why you are one of my favorite in-laws. You are hysterical and wonderful and beautiful!
That is to DIE for (he he)! I will be attending the funeral as long as there are NO clowns there, they scare the BaJezus(nice word) out of me.
Sporticus, awesome thought...now if it was D.J. Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba in your bed, then we might need to talk. Creeeeepy.
you crack me up! now you have me wondering about my obit.... hum, who do i want in bed with me???? i'll get back to you :)
have a great Sunday
It's a good thing you wrote all those goals down, or you never would have been able to accomplish it all!
Post a Comment