Anyhow---
Life has been blissfully normal this week--
Here's what we've been up to:
It's the year of the Ox! We like to celebrate Chinese New Year around here. I made fortune cookies for the boys with fun fortunes in them like "You Will Rule at Rock Band". They loved them! I made one for all my blogging friends too---
only the cookie must have been too sticky when I put the fortune in, because I couldn't get it out........................
---------------------------
A huge flock of birds visited the hot tub cover-turned-birdbath. I know this picture is only of 3 birds, but--trust me--those birds were EVERYWHERE! There were SO many, in fact, that I took this from out of my bathroom window. I didn't want to go outside with all of them....I've seen The Birds!

-------------------------
Well, I have to go do **exciting things** now.....like making papyrus out of a leek. Seriously. That's an actual classroom assignment. And I'm sure a very useful thing to know how to do.....uh huh.
Ethan had to take a sick day this week. Zane kept him company while they watched the Muppet Show. Isn't that what brothers are for? :)
I wish there was someway to bottle and patent the laughter these two create when they play together. It's a cure-all I tell ya!--At least it cures a lot of what ails me from time to time:
Well, I have to go do **exciting things** now.....like making papyrus out of a leek. Seriously. That's an actual classroom assignment. And I'm sure a very useful thing to know how to do.....uh huh.
~Happy Weekending!~





27 comments:
Those kids are a great way to beat cabin fever! They look like so much fun:-)
Yay, someone who has seen The Birds (you saw the 1963 version right?)!! Haha I have a funny story about that. One night I was watching it on the TCM channel and fell alseep on the couch after the movie ended. And then I woke up at like 5 AM (this was during summer holiday, so that's early!) and the house was terribly quiet...creepy....then I looked out the window and there were just BIRDS and MORE BIRDS covering our WHOLE yard of 3 acres :O! THAT was scary...the fact that it happened the day after watching The Birds. But I let my little dog out (risky, I know!) and he chased them all away :D
Cute photos y the way. I love fortune cookies. I always get weird ones about love, haha. By the way, I am SO sick of winter too. January has been going by terribly slow.
I don't like birds... their eyes freak me out.
Those boys look so sweet. I wish my girls would get along better. Wishful thinking probably.
I hate The Birds, and if I see more than a couple together I think of the movie.
Looks like the kids are doing ok with cabin fever. It is hard though; we are ready for Spring here!
Lisa Q
Love your fortune cookie idea! Your kids are super cuties!
Birds freak me the flip out!!!
Love the striped beanie!
Your blog is fab!
I'm with Liam! I want this to end too so I can get out and ride my bike.
Well, maybe not that, but at least get out for a walk.
And fortune cookies---cool!
Papyrus out of leeks...interesting. As a "retired" teacher I can tell you that making papyrus out of leeks is a life skill we should all learn. I can also tell you that we did this in my own classroom probably twice a day, you can never have to much papyrus ya know.
...kidding, but that would be kinda funny. have a great groovy day friend.
Yep, we have cabin fever over here too.. especially since Tyler's been out of town for a week and I've spent 24/7 with Quincy inside our little apt. EVERY day because, gosh darn it, it's SO COLD OUTSIDE! (That sentance was way too long-- you get the point right?)
Your fortune cookie looks very yummy.
I hear you! This winter is KILLING me!! It's like... 80 around here lately... we all think we're going to die of heat! But that was just for a few days. Now it's getting back to normal - right around 70... it's painful having to live in So. Cal., but someone has to help keep this place packed, right???
As for the fortune cookies... killer idea. You always come up with such neat things to do.
Did you seriously make your own fortune cookies? I didn't even know you could do that! Good stuff!
Thanks for the fortune. I think it might be right on. You're GOOD!
Have a great weekend Jen.
Wow, homemade fortune cookies! What a great idea! I bet making up those fortunes is a blast. :)
lol...yes, college teaches many useful things...
Thank you for the fortune cookie. It makes me miss Miss Emily. sniff...
Oh man...I just caught your second song on the playlist for today...that reminds me sooo much of past things....
I hope you're okay.
Love the cookies!
Looks like my flock of Starlings is visiting YOU now. Thank God too, because those pigs are draining my suet feeders over here!
Love the pics of your boys!!
Those cookies are so great! And your boys are so cute!
Jen
Seriously...papyrus out of a leek??? WHO needs to know how to do this in real life?? Have FUN with THAT :) I know you will...you can make anything fun :) Hope your Ethan is feeling better! Happy weekending to you!
Cute fortune cookies! And you are so wise. How did you know I would be blogging?
I KNOW!!! What is with the birds this year???? If we have one more gray day with bird poo all over it I am going to...I don't know, but it will be bad! AND to make it worse, I have grass shoots all over my yard. How in the world can grass be doing better than ME on a cloudy, yucky, bone-chilling day? Stupid, beautiful, green, springy grass. (And yes, I have been blogging again!)
You really lost me with that last little tidbit of info. Why is it, I always end up having go Google things after reading your blog?
SAME HERE! That crazy inversion...we aren't as cold as you, but still......go away!
The fog goes away just enough to get you excited......then it smacks back down.
Papyrus out of a leek? NO WAY! How did it go?
I am putting off school work...I don't know if I will get any motivation this semester and to make matters worse one class is self-motivated: no due dates. Seriously! Could it be worse?
LOVE the fortune cookie and I LOVE your face and your boys! I would like to get my lens on them. When are you coming to CA again? ;) Soon?? Please!
I made a post for your gigling enjoyment. Go look.
We celebrate Mongolian New Year, which happens this year on February 25. It's a three day ordeal.....er....I mean event. Unfortunately, ours does not come with fortune cookies.
Thank you so much for the B-52 names. I woke up still wondering! Love your blog, it's now added to my favs. Take care, Jen, and I totally feel your pain on the a.d. side of life. You're amazing!
How cute making fortune cookies! That must have been fun!
Love the photos! What cute kids.
And you were right not to brave the birds.
And I thought you were making fun of Martha Stewart when you said about the papyrus and leek...but it was real! Yikes!
Your boys just get cuter and cuter the older they get...love the pics...and those birds...eeeeks...give me the creeps. By the way, we are praying for snow around here...we have only had three inches all winter...we usually get at least 14! WE WANT SNOW WE WANT SNOW WE WANT SNOW!
Post a Comment