Friday, May 30, 2008

committed

Right now I am on a much needed vacation to Utah with my boy squad. I thought I'd just run down here to the lobby computer and check my email, and then I thought I'd just see how a few of my blogging buddies were, and then I read Debbie's latest post----and 40 minutes later...... I have come to face the fact that it's hard to take a vacation from blogging......*Sigh*. The connection with others, and with myself at the end of the day is a powerful thing in my life. Especially at this point. Sometimes I just write posts and never publish them. But I teach myself something I've learned that day, so I know it's not time wasted. I guess you either get that, or you don't! I just know that's the reason why I would sit here at this probably germ-infested keyboard, and risk writing this with two hotel clerks trying to read over my shoulder. Because no matter how far from home I am......I can always find this familiar place.

Good Night ;)!

*and hey there new boots man---I know you've been reading! My site meter won't let anyone hide! Thanks. And you have to admit that blogs are kind of fun, huh?!

30 comments:

Tiffany said...

I share the need to see you all everyday and touch base. It's so nice to have these relationships that are supportive and FUNNY. I haven't laughed so hard, so often.

Now as CM would say, "Go Sanitize!"

Debbie said...

I am glad you are on a vacay with the boys...and thanks so much for the shout out...You have been a big part of why I continue to blog.

Now onto the important things...WHO is NEW BOOTS MAN? And I must approve first ;)

Have fun!

Jennifer P. said...

Debbie,
New Boots man is just a family friend. You'd approve.

and I just wanted to let everyone know that I did NOT leave my kids alone in a hotel room while I blogged for 40 minutes :)! My sister is with me-and the boys were asleep anyhow!

Heather said...

New boots man, huh? Hi there. This is my friend, Jennifer. She's pretty, isn't she? Okay...I'll stop.

I love my bloggy friends so much. I got your comment last night about you blogging from the hotel lobby and nearly fell out of my chair. I love you too!

Elena said...

Cracks me up that you're in the hotel lobby! Blogging is like a drug. I NEEEEEEED it! :) Have so, so, so much fun on your much deserved vacation. I hear the weather is supposed to be perfect. Remember we're in Logan tomorrow if you feel like a drive by. ;) (Not that it adds an hour to the ride or anything.)

Kristan said...

Oooooh, Utah germs. (I KNOW you are getting my reference and are laughing your brains out!) Enjoy Utah in the coolish weather!

ManicMandee said...

I'm with you on this Jennifer. I'm officially addicted. And I'm ok with that.

Are You Serious! said...

♡ I hope you have a great vacation! :)

Are You Serious! said...

♡ I just wanted to let you know that I changed my URL it's now www.areyouseriousthisislife.blogspot.com

Someone already took my old url...

LouandAngela said...

I didn't know there was a site meter. That being the case, you have probably noticed me faithfully checking your blog. I'm not sure if you remember me or not (I remember Brad from college and I'm pretty sure I've met you), but I'm Jarom & Elena's good friend from WAY back! Elena's from birth pretty much.

I had periodically checked your blog before the divorce and was ALWAYS so impressed with your MANY MANY talents. I was in Idaho when Elena heard about the divorce and I think I felt nearly as much shock as she did (having just recently read your sweet anniversary blog). My heart hurt for you, but I didn't know what or how to express it. (I do not have the talent for writing that I envy in you!).

Since then, I have faithfully checked up on you and honestly have wanted to set you up with somebody in my family. It feels like you'd fit right in. I've wondered if you'd care if I directed a cousin or two of mine your way, but didn't want you to feel violated. It seems you've become quite a celebrity in the blog world! :)

Anyway. . .I am constantly impressed with your attitude, MANY talents, beautiful children, homeschooling prowess, etc., etc.

You do have a lot of people rooting for you! Thanks for sharing your eloquent and insightful thoughts with us.

I always want to comment, but find very little time to check all the family/friend blogs and comment everywhere. So. . .maybe I'll drop a comment here and there from now on. Now that I'm sure I've been found out! :)

By the way, you can check my blog out from Elena's blog, if you want to figure out who I am. Sorry to be so lengthy in a blog comment. I should have tried to find your email.

Miki said...

Hey!! How fitting that this blog would talk about "blogging addictions" of sorts (although I cross my fingers and hope addiction is too strong of a word....right?) fingers crossed...fingers crossed.....

All day today, I was outside (usually my favorite activity) helping Mark plant my new tree, and then replant another, and found myself thinking, "I wonder what people have blogged today?" Those thoughts surprise me! What am I doing thinking about my bloggy friends when I'm enjoying myself out here! I never used to have those thoughts...do I have a problem? nail bite..

Well, if I do, I'm glad I have a world of bloggy friends who have the same condition! Good to hear you're having some vacation time with the boy squad!

Mikki said...

Hope that you are having a great time. Definitely agree that this is addicting.

Miki said...

I feel funny about mentioning Mark....I know it's okay with you (of course) but I still feel funny for some reason (and I know you don't want me to apologize), but still.....you should know I first typed it with his name out, then I felt like I was betraying him for all of his hard work and made it sound like I did it all.....

uhl.

Tiffany said...

One more thing, I don't know where you are in Utah, but if you are anywhere near a Cafe Rio, please, I beg you, have a BBQ pork salad for me.. oh that sweet, succulent pork, with the "house"dressing. I dream about it. I would marry it and have it's babies. Really.

Jenny said...

Mmmm... blogging is an addiction. I love checking what everyone has been doing/creating/feeling/learning etc.

I'm just catching up (I have been working a little more recently, so not as much time on the computer)-
* I love you back patio. And the BBQ with friends looked like fun. More about 'smores'. One day I will actually get to the bottom of what they trully are...
* Wow! German. What a skill.

I hope your holiday is fun and relaxing.

LouandAngela said...

Funny that Mrs. Romero should talk about the Cafe Rio salad. I was up until 1:30 AM last night doing as many of the preparations for Sunday, and my baby's first birthday, as I could (including making CAFE RIO'S CREAMY TOMATILLO SALAD DRESSING--a recipe my cousin gave me--don't know how she got it, but I'm excited to try it out today).

Thanks for responding to my earlier comment. I can't believe how quickly you got back to me.

It's nice chatting with you! I could definately get "carried away" with my blogging, but my 4 little dependent busy children keep me grounded! :)

Emily said...

Yay for a "vacay" as Debbie called it so cleverly. You deserve it, and we are all on the edge of our seats as to who new boots man is. Do tell!

Tiffany said...

Angela...Are yout there?? I NEED that recipe. I MUST HAVE THAT RECIPE. I'll do anything. Please.

Jennifer P. said...

Glad so many feel the need for the blogging connection on a regular basis. I would call it an "addiction", except that I've proven I can limit it to an hour a day or do without it for stretches at a time. Plus, I think addictions are things that affect your life in a negative way, and I can honestly say that I'm a BETTER person because I blog.

Emily,
Family friend!


Mrs. Romero,
I have passed on your desperate plea! Hopefully you will soon be the bearer of a salad dressing recipe that you can have babies with :)! I did see a Rio Grill advertised on an exit sign, but by then I had eaten about 12 little Laffy Taffy's and was feeling a little sick..... Next time though!

LouandAngela said...

The recipe has been passed on! I saw the plea! Didn't dare post it on your blog. It would have been quite the long post! :)

How do you do such fantastic posts and check up on everybody else and comment and do that all in an hour a day? Every time I get on to catch up, I feel like it takes quite a bit longer than that. I'm trying not to be an addict in a bad way! I really enjoy keeping up with everybody. My family is so huge, I hardly have time to look anywhere else! I'm trying to follow 37 blogs (most of them family). Is that the reason?

Aubrey said...

I'm glad you came to Utah when we're FINALLY having consistant nice weather. Memorial Day weekend was a bit of a bust for typical MD weather, but this weekend made up for it. How lame, that I can only talk about the weather.
When I don't get on and look at blogs for a while I start feeling major anxiety at the mountain of blogging I'm facing. Good thing I hardly post anyway, one less standard to live up to.

Aubrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NewBoots said...

Who is this “New Boots” man? He sounds interesting, mysterious, daring and rebellious!

Aubrey said...

The Queen is my sister-in-law. I have another sister-in-law floating around in blogland, who also has our last name in her address. So there are three families for someone to track down and toilet paper or (eek!) do worse. We all live within 8 minutes of eachother. I'm in the middle in Kaysville--how cool that you came to the choice county. ;)

Brian and Staci said...

Glad you are enjoying much needed time with your "boy squad"! Isn't that one of the greatest things about blogland...you can connect any time you want and someone always is able to lift me up or give me a laugh if I've had a bad day :) Just don't forget to wash your hands after using that yucky community keyboard :o (This comes from a dental hygienist--before I was a mom, ya know!) Have a great time!

ManicMandee said...

Yeah, we're still on for Tuesday! 4pm, meet at my place. Got babysitters and all. A break coming our way!

Tracey said...

Hello dear Blogarina friend, I lost track of you when I went off to birth my baby 2 months ago. I saw your comment over at Debbie's and I am just getting caught back up on your life. God bless and keep smiling.

Tracey said...

Thanks for coming over to chime in on economic stimulus and congrats on your new eyes!

How is it that we didn't know your brother was a driver?!

Tracey said...

p.s. I just spent the better half of the afternoon catching up on your blog since March. I'm glad to be all caught up and back "in the know" of your sweet self.

Jennifer P. said...

Tracey,
I haven't talked to my brother much more than once a year since my mom died. She kind of rallied us all together. He's 14 years older than me. I guess I just haven't thought about blogging about my siblings before. Maybe I will sometime. Their lives and troubles make mine look pretty petty right now.....