This was my patio in February....................
And here it was Saturday night..............
Ready for alfresco dining! I decided to string the lights up around 6 pm and finished at 8:30! Broke two bulbs, uttered a few choice words under my breath, and nearly fell off the ladder a couple of times.....but now I have my own little street cafe' feel going. Hooray!
Next I'm going to figure out how to start the grill by myself and cook up a batch of portabello mushroom quesadillas. Yummy! Pre-grilling the mushrooms while basting them in balsamic vinegar BEFORE you put them into tortillas with jack cheese makes them ever so tasty. Hey--I think I just gave you a recipe :)!
Now no more blogging your holiday away!--Go work in your yard!!!
***And thanks again for the great Saturday lunch Elena and Miki! I had such a good time--and Miki you made me feel like a celebrity........an exotic celebrity ;)!





19 comments:
Your patio is ADORABLE!!! I would love to work in my yard, but it's cold and rainy. Sooooo...I gotta keep blogging. *sigh*
Hey, my hubbie taught me how to turn on the grill and now I am a much better griller than he. So true. I was hoping that he would take up the fire, so to speak, but he just doesn't cook well. He gets paranoid that the chicken won't be done in the middle and lets it get dry. You can do it too!
The patio is so cute. If I could afford a flight to Idaho, I'd be on my way.
Your patio is amazing! I just came in from working in the yard and now must go back out after seeing yours. I am certainly not posting pics anytime soon! BTW, love the song!
It looks fantastic! I'd love to come over tonight. When Steve gets off work, I'll ask him. Thanks!
Hooray for exotic celebrities!! You could definitely pass!! I noticed the recipe there too. I "think" I know what portabello mushrooms are? Are they those HUGE ones? See, maybe I don't know...
Anyway, we're home for little Camille's nap, and then it's off for more vacation fun.
I've never tried Jack cheese....so many new things to try from all of you great women!!
looks great! You out did yourself.
If it makes you feel any better, I don't really know how to turn on our BBq either. The fancy button broke so we have to use the ligher....that just plain scares me.
I would have loved to be in the yard, but it's been raining buckets...... :(
Heather,
Sorry about the rain! We suffered with that earlier this week. I can think of worse things to do than be blogging ;)!
Sissy,
Just don't try to get here on Air Bus :)!
Angie,
Thanks for stopping by! Glad you liked my song. We've been dancing to it all morning!
Amanda,
Looks like Hodges and maybe my neighbors are coming too. Should be lots of fun.....and lots of kids!
Miki,
Yes--portabellos are the big ones. But you can buy them pre-sliced, or the baby bello brand (same flavor, smaller size). And you've probably had jack cheese before and just not known it--it's pretty common. Hope you're enjoying your vacation!
Kim,
aaaahhh--thanks! Blowing myself and/or my loved ones and/or my house while running the grill is my biggest fear too!!!
Jennifer! I hesitate to say this, but I hope your husband is reading. You go girl!
We also had buckets of rain all weekend. I feel sorry for those that tried to do the camping thing. I love spring and all the planting and making things beautiful again. It looks wonderful!!!
Portabello mushrooms and jack cheese.. yummy. I once had a portobello mushroom and brie quesadilla (in Cabo, of all places).
Your backyard looks absolutely delightful. Making things pretty sure can make a girl feel satisfied!
Looks fabulous! We just spent the last week installing a patio and sprucing it up. It's so fun to make outdoor living space! Yours is so cozy!
I need to learn how to turn the grill on too.
Your work has paid off...it looks lovely and very inviting. Can I come over? I'll help you turn on the grill.
Nice work!! And I saw the blisters with my own eyes, so I know you've been working hard! :) I'll bet with your grill,all you have to do is give the propane tank a little twist to turn on, then turn a knob on the grill to "ignite", then push a button (usually red) and click, you'll have fire. Then you can adjust the knob to the desired heat. Now, if it would just stop raining here, so we could get out and get our rock on our yard!!!
It looks great. I could hang out there and read forever. By the way, most of the snow in McCall is gone. It's just still pretty wet. It rained most of the weekend, so we spent alot of time swimming and watching movies.
Looks like we have both been in the yard but you have been working MUCH harder! You're going to have friends randomly showing up at your door wanting to hang out in that beautiful yard! Wow how fun!!!
Oh it looks so nice! I'm so ready for nice summer evenings. Can I come over? :-)
Looks like fun, you just need a galvanized bucket full of ice and sodie pops, a smokin' grill, and some friends!
Just look at your great porch! I want to come over and dine---bummer I live in Oklahoma :( The Nester would be sooo proud of your star hangin' there! You did a super job!
Post a Comment