Thought I'd share this random smattering of things that made me smile, laugh, and feel darn right happy about myself this week. We all need a record of those things, right?
1. L ( age 7) pulled a mini container of Blood Orange Sorbet out of the freezer and asked me, "is this good?" I responded, "I like it." His answer, "yeah, but did you LOG ON to like it?" Ha! I guess no one can just like something anymore without letting everyone know on the computer :)
2. A woman who works in the Sunday school at my church shared this story with me: E (age 12) and two other boys were talking to each other, waiting for singing time to start. One boy was lamenting that he missed his dad who is in the military. E said, "yeah, I miss my dad too. He's always with his new wife." The third boy then piped in saying, "Yeah, only I don't even get that because that lady is not even as pretty as your mom!"
Hey...I got to take those little ego boosts where I can get them :)
3. L and J fight as to who gets to sit on my lap every morning for prayers. I'm sure they love me and all, but mostly the fight over me is because "I'm warm."
4. Perhaps I get too giddy over little things, but the other day I looked at my feet and noticed that the loose thread on my slipper socks had twisted itself into this...
A perfect heart. If you're one who doesn't believe in randomness, then this must have certainly been a sign that I was loved. Hopefully by more than my feet...though they do appreciate I cover them up when it's chilly :)
5. Tonight I gave a poetry reading. 75 in attendance. The fourth or fifth I've given. I'm getting better, I think. I like that people laugh in some places, and look as though I've punched them in the gut in other places. That's what my work is meant to do. I love that my poetry is challenging but accessible. I love that when I'm kind of emotionally between cheerful and heartbroken as I have been lately, I read that way. I like that I have one poem that uses the words "corndog" and "Facebook" and "small pox." Afterwards, I had two separate men say they were 'taken with me.' I like that my poetry makes men get 'taken' in whatever way....that's practically Emily Dickinson worthy, man :) And no...nothing came of those. They were just compliments meant to make me all blushy. Which they did.
And that's all I got. Besides the story ending with J declaring "then you'd have a purse inside a purse inside a purse!" which turned out to be too long to tell. But just by typing that ending line, I'll remember. And believe it or not, sometimes I write just for me ;)
~Happy Weekending!~
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
You are SO my bedtime storyteller. And if nothing else goes 'right' next week, you can hold onto that.
You bring a smile to my face or lead me to prayer when I'm up late trying to unwind. And know this.....you are surrounded by prayers. Prayers for joy, prayers for sanity and prayers for wisdom. Not necessarily in that order.
Blessings
Wedogmomma
fabulous.
Post a Comment