Monday, February 18, 2008

look what you,too, can do while running a 100 degree temperature

I am still sick. I keep thinking I'm all better--pull myself out of bed--and do crazy things like drag 4 kids to Wal*Mart--and then my fever comes back, and down I go again. Not this time Joe. My head is spinning from all the meds, but no way am I getting back in that bed! ( By the way, have I mentioned how fond I am of flu season?!).



I decided to take on a little project that The Nester encouraged everyone to try--just to prove you can be sick enough to lose 12 pounds in 14 days and still decorate your house!



These are my cupboards before--the ones I've been meaning to paint the backs of for forever....:




And here they are with a little paper magic worked on them. Yea--that's just some sheets of scored 12X12 scrapbook paper taped down. I would really love to find a different pattern and do the entire back, but being as scrapbook-challenged as I am (it's one of my big, bad, dirty secrets) --this is what I had on hand. I think the polka-dots make the white dishes look happy :o).





I also like the way it adds a little orange glow when the doors are closed.




So--here's hoping you all stay healthier than me, and do this project too!

14 comments:

The Nester said...

First, you beat me at everything!! If we shared the same mom I would surly get all mad and tell on you! Look at your pretty, cool, modern cabs all finished! You go girl!!

Second, you also beat me at losing 5-10 lbs! I want the flu! Just kidding! Kind of! not really.

Hope you feel better...lucky!

I will be linking to this when I do a post on BD--probably next week--i'll let you know!

Elle Jay Bee said...

Oh no...still not better?? Does the doctor know you are decorating and shopping while you're sick??
You superwoman, you...!!!

The cupboards look great. I love scrapbooking paper for fun jobs like that!!

12 lbs in 14 days...can you lick something and send it in the mail to me...I could use that jumpstart!!

I hope you feel better soon...take it easy for a change!!!

Linda
xoxo

Lee Ann said...

Good grief girl! You've got to get better. And ya um.....12 pounds almost seems worth it. I said almost.

Tamie said...

the paper in there is really cute!

i hope that you're feeling better soon and that the three day weekend did you some good...i know, you're saying, "WHAT three-day weekend?!?!
there never is a vacation when you're the mom of boys!

i invited you to be an author on the blog...feel free to invite any one that you want to. i will do the same. do you want to limit the amount of people? (i'm kind of wishy-washy on that one...50 sounds like A LOT of people...perhaps 25?)

Jennifer P. said...

glad Nester and Linda saw the same silver lining as I did in all of this. I'm sure most of it was just muscle mass as I usually work out 5 days a week but have been so entirely beat that I've done nada for 2 weeks. Feels like my heart and lungs are burning just walking out to get the mail! I'm heading to the doc. to get me some anti-biotics this week for sure! Guess I just saved up a whole 2 seasons worth of sickness to dump on myself all at once!

Elena said...

How come creative crafty people can slap paper up behind their dishes and it looks classy? And if I do it, it just looks dumb and cheap. So not fair! Get BETTER!!!

Debbie said...

oh jennifer...you probably have the flu virus, and it will be too late to get medicine...we had it run through our house...my daughter was put on Tamiflu when she tested positive for the flu..yes, they can test and if caught within the first 48 hours of symptoms, you can take it..it is a miracle drug..I, didn't get it in time, and was down for a week. Get your kids on it if you have the flu...you will thank me. They can take it without having symptoms to avoid getting it. I hope you get better soon..there is no other way to put it than it just sucks.

Anonymous said...

You and the Nester are inspiring me today... my house is getting a little "pep job" this week, too, a bit of trim and fresh paint. But no pics yet - maybe tomorrow or Friday.

Love the cabinets!!!

It was fun to poke around today - I'll visit again soon.

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love Your Blog!! The new layout is great! You "woke me up" this morning.. someone left the speakers up really loud, and all of a Sudden.. The Bee Gees! I love it! I even blogged about it today.. You've inspired me!

Cara

Sissy said...

Turned out very cute. I like the different patterns a lot. The cabinets are also cool, I must say. I have way to much junk stuck in mine to have glass doors, even textured glass doors. The McDonalds Happy Meal plastic cups should not be seen through the glass!

Sissy said...

Turned out very cute. I like the different patterns a lot. The cabinets are also cool, I must say. I have way to much junk stuck in mine to have glass doors, even textured glass doors. The McDonalds Happy Meal plastic cups should not be seen through the glass!

Sissy said...

Turned out very cute. I like the different patterns a lot. The cabinets are also cool, I must say. I have way to much junk stuck in mine to have glass doors, even textured glass doors. The McDonalds Happy Meal plastic cups should not be seen through the glass!

Anonymous said...

I just found you by strolling the nesters comments, and whoa! You are one talented chickie. I'm sorry you don't feel good, but you sure are creative with a fever...

I have to know...

Did you paint that brick in the background, or did it come to you like that? I LOVE IT!!

kam said...

I am so sorry to hear you were sick! That is a bummer. Feeling better. Poor Poor Jen! So sorry! Get better. Kam