Monday, November 5, 2007

Before and afters continued (part 2)

I forgot to do these in opposite order, so if you want to know what these are all about--look at the post below first ! Family Room Before: The purple palace! I thought the stripes were neat and kept them on one wall, but the eggplant color made me feel like I was walking into a cave! When I put my chocolate brown furniture in here, it almost disappeared! This was the only room we had during the remodel that had a place to sit down--which we rarely got to do.
Family Room After: The day we got the carpet laid, we all laid down and rolled all over on it. Every room in the house before had piddled-on carpet that we hated even walking on, let alone laying on.
Other side of the family room after. Our favorite part of having a family room is that we finally had a place to put a piano (which you can't see). Also I was so happy to be able to close the door on the TV noise when I wanted, or open it and keep an eye on every one from the kitchen. I don't know if this place will be home forever, but it sure feels like we could be happy here a long time. So what am I thankful for today?--MY HOME SWEET HOME!

4 comments:

Elena said...

Great job! I don't know how you guys did it. Hopefully my basement will actually be finished by Thanksgiving. It's been driving me crazy and we aren't even trying to live in the mess. By the way how long will you be in McCall? What will I do without my daily updates? I've grown quite fond of these! :) Hope you have fun.

Jennifer P. said...

We'll be there from Wednesday till Saturday. It's a yearly tradition. Thanks for reading and commenting--I know the blog is being read, but I never know how often till you drop a line :).

Karli said...

it looks awesome. even better in real life, too. you are so so talented with decorating! Love it. And, grateful to be part of your family! You inspire me to be better! Have fun in Mccall!

Lee Ann said...

I also love downtown Camas and was curious if she worked for any of them.