so, first things first----
8 Random Things You Probably Already Know About Jennifer P. Because She Has Pretty MuchTold You Everything, But Who Knows So She's Making This List Anyway :) :
1. I actually get scared opening those tubes of refrigerated dough. I don't like when they pop all of a sudden. Please tell me I'm not alone....
2. I always have to talk myself through the spelling of receive ('i' before 'e' except after 'c'....)
3.I still remember this little ditty, by heart, from my childhood cartoon viewing days: "GI Joe is the codename for America's daring, highly-trained, special mission force. It's purpose?: To defend human freedom against Cobra--a ruthless, terrorist organization determined to rule the world...." Someone will have to Google it and see if I'm right!
4. I love to vacuum. Love, love, love it. The louder the vacuum the better.
5. I use to love the sound of sucking pennies, screws, and other metal things up with the vacuum---but not so much since I grew up and am now the one paying for the replacement vacuum :) .
6. These were the names I wanted to use for the girl I never had. If any of you are having girls, have at 'em! : Lindsay, Rowan, Elise, Gibson. (I threw Gibson in there because I always loved it, though I would never have used it because Gibson Peterson doesn't exactly roll off the tongue...)
7. I've never been on a roller coaster that goes upside down. I know--how do I sleep at night?!
8. I love how creative my bloggy friends are!!! Like Emily, who donated this flower she hand-stitched out of of ric-rac. It made my cute hat even cuter.......
And I love how it popped against my denim jacket.....
And it was just too sweet in my hair......
So----if you want to win this little cutie (slightly used for photographic purposes only :) ), just leave me a comment telling me a random thing about YOU--and you're entered!!! Easy-peasy. I'll draw on Friday.
And, if you don't win and want a ric-rac flower of your own anyway---- or a custom designed apron (I ordered one of those!), or a fabric fortune cookie, or any of the other cutie-pie stuff she makes and sells----- just visit Em's ETSY shop.
*********************
Good luck......and viva la Random! :)
50 comments:
The fluffy towels are awesome...
One more random thing about me...
I am a shopaholic, I get a serious rush out of putting stuff in my basket at stores... Sometimes, when I'm having a crappy week but have no money to spend, I just walk around Target with a hand basket and put all the stuff I'd want to buy in it, then put it all back in it's rightful spots (I leave my cards at home, so I'm not tempted)...
Love your blog. I hope to win the ric rac thingy because I have a stash of ric rac and want to figure out how to make something with it!
Something random about me is that since I started reading blogs in the spring, I am hooked on couponing and I actually enjoy finding coupons and shopping with them at stores. I am addicted.
Melanie (not Greg)
OK, you are not alone with the refrigerator dough "pop" fear. I am the same way.
That probably doesn't count for my random though,so here is my random:
I have a fear (or diversion to) of any food that is blue. Candy, drinks, gum, etc. I won't order it, eat it, or have any part of it.
Hmm....
I have to set at least two alarms so I'll get up in the morning...
I'm really bad at cashing checks promptly (I guess I don't like going to the bank or something? I like money though...odd)
Annndd...
My boyfriend comes home Wednesday and he doesn't leave till FALL (financial fluke so he can't go back to school next semester in MN, so he's going to take transferable classes WITH ME! ack!! :-))
Oh and I absolutely love your blog and spent like an hour the other day reading tons of your posts. :-)
My whole life is an experiment in designed randomness.
Do you love that oxymoron?
"Skating" makes me happy...it's my favorite song on this soundtrack. Oh hey--there's some random info for ya...I've never been ice skating. Do you have that in Idaho? In April? I'm just askin'.
First off, I love the Charlie Brown music that is playing right now. The Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack is awesome, no?
Second, I, too, have to talk myself through spelling certain words, and receive is definitely on that list. I just did it, right there.
Third, my random thing? I have to stop and THINK about left and right. And even then, I often get them confused. Frankly, it's embarrassing. But my hubby loves it (or says he does...I just think he loves to MAKE FUN OF ME when I turn the wrong way. Again.)
Have a great day!
I have to agree with you about the refrigerated dough thing I always make someone else open for me while I leave the room! But..my randomness is that I have to always put my right shoe on before my left. I am not sure what will happen if I do it the other way around but that's mostly because I won't try it!
My husband is afraid of the "pop" biscuits. He had to admit that to me while we were dating and he was trying to figure out how to open one without me knowing his secret.
Random thing: I love driving in my car all alone so that I can sing really loud along with the music. I'm the one who sits at the traffic light and people laugh at because they are "obviously" enjoying the song.
Too fun!!! Crazy, but I LOVE to vacuum also; always have.
Lisa Q
#2 - that's totally me... and along those lines whenever I have to spell Wednesday I always have to say "Wed-nes-day" in my head to spell it right....
If I bite my cheek when I am eating I have to bite the other side so that it wears evenly. It sounds a little crazy but I even find myself doing similar things when I stub a toe or when eating food (I make sure I chew equal times on both sides of my mouth)
I also love to vacuum -- it is a great stress reliever. I'm having a giveaway too -- for my 100th post! Thanks for the randomness!!
Okay.. I'm not afraid of those pop biscuit tubes, BUT I HATE it when baloons pop. I dread the sound-- and all that anticipation for the actual pop, it's enough to make me start up my old habit of biting my nails.
I ALSO LOVE to vaccuum! I have to see all those nicely straight lines across the floor.
I hate jello AND pudding (though I am more apt to eat the pudding). IF I MUST eat jello I have to swoosh it around in my mouth until it's liquid and then I can swallow. I think it's a texture thing, the consistancy of them makes me want to gag. I'm a little bit like this with yogurt, but not nearly as bad.
I am totally scared of worms... I think this ironic b/c I love to garden. I even have a degree in Horrtiulture (floral design)... how is this possible that I could fear worms, I KNOW they can't hurt me, that they are slow and even helpful to our planet, BUT I still can't touch them.
I like to put both ketchup and hot sauce on my tacos, I don't know why, it just tastes better.
Boy, I bet you guys think I'm nuts... I think this is good enough.
One random thing about me- gees, I don't know. I always feel prettier when wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Way prettier than when I'm dressed up in heels! I hope that's random enough- please please please enter me!!!
Hey Baby!
You know I miss you when I'm not here, right? You are just so fun.
I too get s-c-c-c-ared of the "pop" when opening the tubes (kind of like Elf, when he's doing the jack-in-the-box)! And I do spell myself through words...especially the "i" before "e" dealie. However, I realized like TWO years ago I had been spelling "weird" wrong, pretty much ALL MY LIFE. And I do it w/M-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i, just like I'm in 3rd grade all over again.
Loving the Charlie Brown.
Let's see...random...
I met another "Sunshine" at Jazzercise the other day.
I sang "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" as a solo once. Itwasawesome.
I fell off a ski lift once and then the janitor had to help me down the mountain, cuz my friends ditched me. Can you feel the love?
Man...all of this I could so blog about!
Carry on! :)
I love the name Rowan. I tried to get Michael to use that for both girls. But he decided that this was a good time to finally voice his opinion about something.
I can't stand cartoons (the ones made for kids), the sound of them makes me cringe. My kids aren't not allowed to watch them while I am home. This is because I used to work with a woman whom watched them the WHOLE 16 hour shift I worked with her. I worked with her for over 7 years.
emily's shop is so cute!
Thanks for the sweet comment :). If you do have a question or two then you can still ask. I was just eager to answer the questions lol, I told myself to wait but didn't.
And do you seriously like vacuuming? Well it is actually a very good thing to like because you'll end up having a VERY clean house! I hate vacuuming however. It'd be better if I didn't though...
One random thing about me: I wanted to be a hippie when I was little! Yeah I know, totally doesn't suit me!
You're really nice to give that cute little flower away. It looks so cute with your hat, if I were you I'd secretly keep it. :)
My random weird thing: When I spend money I HATE to look at my checking account balance. I hate it so bad that I have to have Miki do it for me. And it's not even necessarily b/c there's not money in it, I just can't stomach the balance going down.
i think that the "pop" rolls are the same sort of thing that goes along with a jack-in-the-box---the anticipation is what gets us all
something random about me:
the first year i went to ricks (i'm laughing already), my parents were really hurting in the finance department. so for a coat, my mom went to good will and got me a coat. i remember opening the box and cringing---it was a RED courdaroy (how the HECK do you spell that!?!?!?) coat. It was big and bulky and I instantly despised it. however, I had no choice but to wear it--it was Rexburg for crying out loud!!
well---in the end, it was the best coat. i had friends tell me that they could see me all across campus when i had that thing on. I even had a guy friend of mine start dancing with me when I came out of the MC one time and sing "Lady in Red" while doing so....now I think that that is random enough, eh? :)
i think that comment deserves and blog post all its own---now i've got to see if i've got a picture of me wearing it anywhere....hmmmm
Hi! Just came across your blog from SITS... what adorable boys you have! :) So cute.
I ALSO do not like the popping... it scares me... you never know when it's gonna happen! If you've seen the movie Elf, I always feel like him when he testing out the Jacks in the box...
anyway- I really love cleaning bathrooms. How weird is that?! I love cleaning in general, but I really enjoy the bathrooms... something about the end result just makes me so happy.
I hate the refridgerated can POP too! I think it's because once I had a can pop open and hit me in the stomach and knock the wind out of me. Now I hold them far away from me to open.
You and GI Joe must have had a close personal relationship. Did he get put into your "yard sales" where you'd sell all your family's stuff you didn't like?
There's my randomness--I remember random stuff about other people that make them think I'm a stalker.
You're really really cute. Super cute.
Random thing: I think "occasion" should have to ss's.
I cannot STAND to be rinsing grapes and run my hand through the bunch and find squishy ones....ooh ooh ooh! Grosses me out just thinkin' about it :) How's that for random?! I love little flower so much! Oh yea...and the massage you received from your hygienist was probably a head and neck exam...checking for tumors and growths and such??? Or maybe it was a massage?? Either way you look at it...it's a good thing! And yes, they do teach us things like that in hygiene school. Cadavers and all :(
THANKS Jennifer! I appriciate it, and you. Sorry I have been so bad with leaving comments. Where are my manners.
My random thing, I count steps. I still remember the 14 up to my apartment with 2 young kids.
Too cute. You and the flower both. So I pretty much can't walk barefoot on wooden decks. Creeps. Me. Out. Ew.
Very random (and kind of gross) warning: I like to smell my ear wax.
I don't like the "Cu" sound like in cut. How funny is that! :))
Yeah, the rolls tube scares me too. I don't know why since it's obviously about to happen but...
so a random thing....
I hate writing with pencils for some reason. I use the kind that have the little individual lead in them that you take out and put back in the bottom for the next one to come up instead of normal pencils.
Don't know how random this is, but it's certainly strange. I often dream I'm a Riverdancer!
RANDOM FACT - I slept with a stuffed pig until I got married. His name was Mr. Pig. Creative, huh? When the husband and I got serious - I bought him a stuffed pig to sleep with like me so that he could think of me (since our relationship was long distance). His pig's name was Bacon. He had a spiked collar and nametag to go with it. Now - Bacon, Mr. Pig, and the rest of my stuffed pig collection sleep in the guest room every night. It has been dubbed by friends as the 'pig room'. Nice.
You are not alone with the popping dough containers. I hate that! Makes me all nervous every time I open one. I try to avoid doing it at all costs.
Luckily, my husband is the cook in the house.
Does that count as a random fact? My husband loves to cook and bake and he does the cooking in this household since the only thing I really make is mac n cheese, or anything that can be dumped on a pan, put in the oven and brought back out once the timer goes off, ready to eat.
If it doesn't count...well....
I always have to have a brand new wash cloth each time I wash my face.
What a great list!
I looked at this at 3am this morning (don't ask) and couldn't think of anything random. I thought maybe time would help. It didn't.
I LOVE tennis shoes. I buy one REALLY good pair every couple of years and wear them every day. I just love my feet to feel good.
I am with you on the pop biscuits-hate the anticipation. Ugh. They equal the fun of the sir-in-the-eye test. Blech.
Random fact: If I could get my act together I could fill out the application for the DAR. Why? I don't know. I'm not sure it is an exciting age range....but the history is fun.
Since you mentioned spelling, I have to tell you (something random)what my 11th grade history teacher told us about spelling "separate". She said that there is "a rat" in the middle of it. Weird I know, but I've never forgotten that.
I get thrown on the i before e except before c a lot. I don't like popping cans of refrigerated dough either. It always scares the bejeebies out of me.
Nice random list! And apparently we don't know you as well as some of us thought... not me, of course. I'm new.
Random fact about myself: I'm a huge movie re-watcher... HUGE. I rewatch movies BEYOND the point in which you could repeat the movie verbatim in your head. I think "Breakfast Club" and "Monty Python's Holy Grail" are neck-n-neck in the most rewatched race.
Oh man...you look just beautiful in your pictures...
Okay, no blushing...it's true!
Random things: I always rub my feet together when I'm going to sleep at night.
I always "judge the music" to movies and try to imagine what music would have been better to set the mood.
I love to shovel snow.
During road trips on the bus to one school function or another, I always found myself staring out the window at the landscapes along the way. I realized after Jr. High, that I was being anti-social, so I trained myself to stop doing that and talk to people. To this day, I still love looking at the greenery on the way to here or there.
I have so many random quirks... the most annoying to others is that I HATE mouth noises... crunching, chewing, spitting, coughing, sneezing, licking...you name it = GROSS
The POP from those rolls scares me too! I always reach my arm out as far as possible to smack it on the counter and I close my eyes!
tWo ss's. Another random thing: I hate the mis-use of words. AND EVEN MORE WHEN I DO IT.
One random thing, sorry I was up till way to late finishing a Christmas project that I cannot think.
Here it is: I do not like getting compliments, I do not know how to respond. Kinda dumb huh, but that is me. Also I hate the pop of the cresent rolls too, this Sweet-boy is my dough man.
Love your list!
Randomness about me...
I love blue ink. I think my handwriting looks better in blue opposed to black.
Whenever I need to determine between left and right, I hold up my thumb and pointer finger because the left always makes an L.
I fear the refrigerated dough too. It's silly, but nevertheless, I can't get over it.
I love the girl names Elise and Rowan. Very nice. :)
I hate my nose being touched by anyone at all! Drives me crazy and I cannot stand water to be splashed on my face...but I promise I DO shower! LOL
You are not alone with the dough "POP". UGH, I hate it!
A random fact about me.....I sleep with this tiny square blanket under my pillow that was my son's when he was an infant. It has satin around the sides and I run it through my fingers. Evidently that was something I did as a child that has come back! LOL
My random (or anal) thing is with regards to towels. I think everyone knows I have a thing for all white linens and towels, but they must be folded precisely. Towels get a trifold, with the tag side in and all edges lined up, then stacked with the edges not showing in the closet. It bugs me when people fold my towels. I once babysat for a woman with a messy linen closet and it drove me so crazy that I took everything out, refolded it all and put it back in. That was in high school, so this obsession has been around a while!
And I hate the pop too.
LOL!!!! I get nervous opening the tubes of dough, thinking they are going to pop louder than they actually do!! And I was 28 or 29 before I ever went on an upside down roller coaster and mow I love them -- I actually feel safer on them because of the shoulder harnesses.
Okay, an actual random thing about me -- I like old Christmas looking stuff, like from the 50's 60's and 70's.
Something random... I don't know how to narrow this down....I just made 6 pounds of icing for my class' gingerbread house party tomorrow. I teach 3rd grade and every Christmas at our Holiday Party my class makes mini gingerbread houses out of graham crackers and various other goodies!!! Another random thing is last night my shitzu puppy chewed my favorite black boots. She only chewed the top edge of the boots so it is hidden by my pants. Well ~ I wore them to school today and my feet started hurting so I sat down to pull them off but the zipper on my right boot would NOT unzip. I was TRAPPED and had a mild panic about wearing these painful boots ALL DAY!!!!!... I pulled at the zipper soooo hard that I broke the zipper and couldn't wear them anymore. I threw the boots in the trash and had to wear my hot pink cowboy boot slippers the rest of the day...and YES.. I had to go to the grocery store in them. YEE HAW what a day.
Post a Comment