
*"The elective franchise, if guarded as the ark of our safety, will peaceably dissipate all combinations to subvert a Constitution, dictated by the wisdom, and resting on the will of the people. " ~Thomas Jefferson
*"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. " ~Samuel Adams
*"Nothing is more essential to the establishment of manners in a State than that all persons employed in places of power and trust be men of unexceptionable characters. The public cannot be too curious concerning the character of public men." ~Samuel Adams
----------------------------------
It's an amazing thing to live in this country. I've stayed extensively in other countries--and while they have their strengths and their beauties and their own wonderful people---there is no other place like The United States of America in the whole world. For as much as we are hated-- we are also a beacon of faith and of hope and of prosperity and of the worth of an individual, free soul--and what that soul can accomplish when left to live in Freedom and Liberty. Act and don't be acted upon today. **Get out there and vote with your heart AND your brain**
*"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. " ~Samuel Adams
*"Nothing is more essential to the establishment of manners in a State than that all persons employed in places of power and trust be men of unexceptionable characters. The public cannot be too curious concerning the character of public men." ~Samuel Adams
----------------------------------
It's an amazing thing to live in this country. I've stayed extensively in other countries--and while they have their strengths and their beauties and their own wonderful people---there is no other place like The United States of America in the whole world. For as much as we are hated-- we are also a beacon of faith and of hope and of prosperity and of the worth of an individual, free soul--and what that soul can accomplish when left to live in Freedom and Liberty. Act and don't be acted upon today. **Get out there and vote with your heart AND your brain**





28 comments:
Amen, sista! ;)
*cheer*!
Great post!! I'm getting ready to go vote... now!!
I go vote in an hour!
Great post! I just went and cast my vote!
I put my ballot in the box and now have a sticker on my shirt!
AURGHHHH! i forogot to show brook your KK post....must write down!
and thankfully, there was eraly voting here in CO and i did it last week---i am soooooo thankful for early voting!
I like the quotes, and a nice cold Samuel Adams!!
Man my stomach is in knots right now thinking about the presidential announcemenat! Seriously I'm sooooooo nervous.
Going to vote in a few minutes.
p.s. thanks for the nice comments on my post.
Just got back from the polls!
Great quotes today. I'll be sure to vote later in the day. It'll be interesting for sure to see the outcome.
I am leaving to vote in about a half hour. You are going to have me singing the national anthum or Battle Hymn of the Repiblic or something in line.
Whoo Hoo...voted!!
I love the positive aspects of this little reminder post. We DO live in a great country. We should definitely do our part to keep it that way!
I actually got the goosebumps as I pulled into our church parking lot. SOOOOO many people and not one person complaining about the lines. Then, as I was driving...all I could see were people standing in lines that would wind and wind around sidewalks!!! No matter the outcome today, we are such a blessed nation. Wouldn't choose any other place to live :)
Got to exercise my right this morning. Even got my "I voted" sticker on my hat :)
So blessed to be a citizen now and be a part of this nation.
Oh you know I was out there voting...and spent quite a bit of time today explaining the electoral college to my daughter today. Fascinating day!
Agreed.
I rocked the vote and it looks like we may have a winner now...
I rocked the vote. I really did, even though my state is showing otherwise. Sigh...
This is a great post J!!! It was an inspiring day yesterday to see soooo many people involved and voting.
Although I was sad because my guy lost, I was also in awe...it is truly a historical moment to see the first black president elected. It made me proud to live in this country. Now we pray.
I agree with Kathi. But, yes, now we pray hard. It's still the greatest country in the world and it's such an honor to live here.
Hey, don't forget to visit my new blog :)
Love you too! In all seriousness, Mac is a good man. He gave a great speech and I think he is the man to help bring our parties together. :)
Nice post Jennifer. I am with you, but was afraid to post or comment with that.
I too, will hold my breath and pray. Its nice to know that we live in a country where we have the power to decide though.
Even though he wasn't my pick, I am proud of Obama and our country and hope he holds true to what he promised.
Thanks for stopping in to share your awesome tooth story. I'm hoping mine doesn't top yours! When I was in the ER in July, there was a girl in the bed next to me who had some kind of crazy complication from wisdom teeth extraction. It didn't sound good. I'm gettin' the heebie jeebies.
Great post. I'm liking your music today.
My children enjoyed learning about voting this week, although 4-year-old Mary Ashley doesn't understand how McCain lost since everybody but one little boy voted for him in her preschool class. I feel so blessed to have a voice in our country and hope Obama will do a great job.
Post a Comment