Wednesday, March 19, 2008

look at what i got!

Inspired by Emily's brave trip to the mall in the pouring rain yesterday, I decided to do the same in our own pouring rain today! Went in for these......

Anybody else put Bath and Body Works in their "necessary" category?




Then I came across Macy's one day sale and came out with this....



Doesn't this look like something June Cleaver would wear? Love it!!!


AND this.....



The dress is plain black, but I think it looks great with the scarf I made. If you find

a pair of grass green heels on sale anywhere--let me know!

Also got two pairs of Tommy Hilfiger pants---- and didn't even break $100 bucks. Don't you LOVE sales?!


And I also got these in my yard.....



Yay Spring! The woman who lived here before me planted bulbs everywhere. Last summer, while planting my perennial border, I accidentally dug up a bunch of them, and then did my best to poke them back in the dirt. I didn't know if anything would come up this year after my poor re-planting job---but here they all are again!--Tulips, Crocus, Daffodils, and Hyacinth! Sooooo glad to get some color in the yard again. Almost makes up for how bleak everything looks all pruned:


***Please grow faster! Please grow faster! Please grow faster! Please grow faster!***

And so I know that this post was pretty random, but some days are just like that :)!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can TOTALLY see that polka dot dress on you! Way cute! (As is the black w/ green.) And YES, bath n body is in my needs (not wants) category with a budget set aside just for yummy stuff! Great shopping today, I'm jealous. :)

Emily said...

I like random.

I would love to be a scarf wearing woman, and channel a bit-o-rhoda morgenstern in my veins, but how can I get over the fact that I hate restrictions around my neck? I know, I'm weird like that. You will never find me in a shirt with a collar.

Anyway, enough of this dear abby nonsence! LOVE your dresses!

Cailean said...

Oh my we have the SAME TASTE!!!! I love those dresses!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I've never been to Bath & Body Works, however in my own defense I don't live anywhere close to one.

Love the dresses and I saw these great wedges but I don't think they'd go with your sleak black dress!

http://laurieturk.blogspot.com/2008/03/happy-st-patricks-day.html

I love the new spring flowers... Can't wait for some more of mine to pop up!

Heather said...

Oh what delicious randomness. I LOVE it!! I also love Bath and Body Works (we have a B&BW outlet right around the corner) and your dresses and especially sales. Oh, and your bulbs and the fact that they are sprouting already. We're still in deep freeze where I live.

kam said...

Jennifer- Congrats on all the fun purchases. i do love it when i go to the check out and the item rings up less that what i thought it was going to be. that is the best!! i love your new lbd (little black dress) check nordstrom for green shoes; they are always good for something like that.
so happy to see spring in your yard. i love all the new growth and new life that comes with spring.
thanks for the love you left me on my blog! you are so sweet and good to me. i have missed hearing from you and was excited to see two posts today. thanks for your enthusiasm. i would love some pink, but would be perfectly content with more blue. ;) i will keep you posted. (no pun intended. hahaha!) Cheers- Kam

Tamie said...

i have been aching to find a great "little black dress" for a few years now. what a great find! and that scraf looks splendid with it!
i'm so glad that you've got flowers sprouting up. i love wacthing spring flowers for the excitement every day of how mcuh more has sprung. they will be so pretty!

Kristan said...

When I saw that dress I thought Lucy in Hollywood!! Do you remember when they went to Hollywood and she wore a dress like that with those cute pencil pants underneath? (I believe that may have been the episode that her nose caught on fire, but I digress.) You could totally do your hair in curlers and have a Lucy night at your house. How fun would that be?? OHHHH!!!!! She died on April 26, you could dress up like her that day and freak out your kids!! That would be so fun!!

Kristan said...

And I'm glad you have some color and yummy smells in your life.

Jennifer P. said...

Elena,
I remember how much you love Bath and Body Works--you always have a little lotion and handcleaner in your purse, right :)?!

Emily,
I feel the same way about stuff around my wrists. I will wear a watch on occasion, and bracelets if I'm going out---but that's about all I can handle ;)! Thanks for reminding me of Rhoda!.

Cailean,
They're at Macy's---on sale!

Serious,
Thanks for the heads up on the cute wedges. And I feel very bad that you've never got to go to Bath and Body Works. They're online you know ;)!

Heather,
HOpe you thaw out soon. Today IS the first day of Spring, you know!

Tamie,
I love taking pictures of my flowers, so I'm sure they'll be lots more images for you to look out over the next few weeks and months!

Kristan,
I DO remember that episode! I have a dress similar to the dotted one that I wear over pants too. I don't know if my kids know who Lucy is--but I bet I could get a laugh out of my husband :)! Should I be worried that you know what day Lucy died on?!?! (just kidding!)

Lee Ann said...

Oh, I love good retail therapy! Too bad for me I'm rarely in the mood to try on! I get so frustrated with myself, but seeing your great purchases is inspiring me! Maybe Saturday....

paperjunk-lc said...

Funny when you have a little extra money you can't find anything to buy but be a little strapped for cash and everything looks good. I haven’t been able to find anything to wear lately.
Congrates on your finds!

Debbie said...

I love RANDOM! I have random thoughts all the time. The dresses are lovely and Bath and Body Works is absolutely 100% a necessity for me. Cannot live without my Jasmine Vanilla lotion and bath gel!