Thursday, November 6, 2008

why am i in this igloo with a rock and a toothbrush?


Mama Kat had an AWESOME writers prompt this week: 1.) You awaken with amnesia in what looks to be an igloo. You have $4 and a rock in one pocket, and a toothbrush in the other. Someone is staring at you. Write this scene.
Are ya ready for this?!
**** I awake, confused and cold-- yet keenly aware of the rock, the toothbrush, and the $4 in my pocket---and of the obvious sinister motives of the man standing above me. With cat-like reflexes, I throw my dollar bills across the igloo. This distracts the sinister man long enough for me to use the rock to sharpen the end of my toothbrush into a rudimentary spear, which I then jam into the back of my captor's leg and flee......to, ummmmm, Switzerland. (note from author: I realize I am leaving a lot of detail out here, but really--do you want to read a novel or a blog post---just go with it, ok?!).
Having thrown my last and only $4 at the igloo man, I end up having to sleep on a park bench in Zürich. This attracts the attention of two German-speaking police officers, who come to question me. I find I am able to respond in German and tell them I have lost my identification papers. They attempt to arrest me, but I render them both unconscious and disable their pistols in a matter of seconds. Surveying the scene before me, I am in shock. It is obvious that even though I have amnesia, I am awesome at hand to hand combat. Not wanting to be recognized, I flee the park.
The next morning, I visit a Swiss bank and gain access to a high-security vault. There I find a safe deposit box containing multiple passports with my picture but different names, large amounts of foreign currency, and a 9mm SIG-Saucer SP2009 handgun. Still with no idea what my real name is, I assume an identity from the first US passport I pull up.......Jennifer P. ....no, wait......Jason Bourne.
~~~~~~~~~~
You thought that sounded familiar, right :) ?! (well, except for the toothbrush/ igloo/ rock part---but J.B. could so have pulled that one off!)
~~~~~~~~~~~
What can I say?!--I'm one tired girl who can't make up her own good post tonight. But that was an awesome movie.....
Thanks for reading :) .

43 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. Bourne would be proud if he could remember

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Wacko! I am sure that...(ding-dong)...uh...I wasn't quick enough. That will be Spielberg at your front door with a film rights contract.

Alison said...

Wow, 4 boys and you're a single mom! Sorry, I'm new here so I'm amazed. How on earth do you cope with homeschooling and everything? I enjoyed your Bourne story - no wonder you're tired! Hat off to you.

Carrie said...

I didn't play this week. I just couldn't come up with anything. I do like yours though!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

You keep your readers on the edge...that's why you get the best of the best awars from little old me...

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Now that was fun...I've never seen the movie - you completely had me going until the end :)

Mama Wheaton said...

Thank you for your post. I read her prompts for the week and didn't have time to go back and get it done. i really like yours though and I am a big fan of hte movie, so I am sure J.B. could have done the toothbrush scene.

Mama Wheaton said...

Thank you for your post. I read her prompts for the week and didn't have time to go back and get it done. i really like yours though and I am a big fan of hte movie, so I am sure J.B. could have done the toothbrush scene.

Anonymous said...

LOL that was great! I'm impressed you knew the name of a gun - I'd have had to call in hubby for help on that one ;)

Sometimes Sophia said...

You did great with a really difficult prompt. (I thought it was difficult.) You sound like an absolutely amazing person from your bio - from homeschooling four boys to running a business and writing poetry. Do you ever sleep?

Brian and Staci said...

Whoa girl! How do YOU come up with this stuff!!??!! You continue to impress me with everything you do :) I still say, remember me when you hit it big. (I hope it's soon...as your income would quadruple and then think of the taxes you'd be paying after January! Oh, but wait, then you'd be part of Hollywood and would be promoting "these people"...and because you have such a huge following of bloggers...they'd vote that way too :( Nope, I refuse to believe that The Infamous Jennifer P. would do anything like most celebs!) Okay, I better step down from my so-called political pedestal now and get my kids to school :) Love ya girl! I truly believe God has it all in his hands :) (Even your famous future ;)

Claremont First Ward said...

I had a feeling you'd pass on the poetry prompt! :)

I'm still laughing. You really are a breath of fresh air.

Susie said...

Very creative...even if it isn't all original material:-)

Pamela said...

Too Funny. Found you by way of SITS and glad I did, needed a good laugh!

Tamie said...

wow, i didn't know that there was a female equivalent to jason bourne...he'll be happy to hear about it.
to begin: i thought that you were going to go along the lines of sydney bristow in Alias...alas no...you are a jason bourne.
that was funny though :

Sam_I_am said...

You were awful handy with that toothbrush!

Lisa said...

I want to see the movie!! Sell to Hollywood!

Lisa Q

Aubrey said...

I wouldn't mind dating Jason Bourne. You know, if I wasn't married and a little chubby.

Summer Miller said...

Impressive. I assumed you made it up since I can't seem to remember any movies (Except Get Smart) which seems to be playing non stop down stairs.

Cameron said...

Kick ass hand to hand combat. I love when I learn new things about myself like that. ;)

Diane said...

I liked how you skipped over those (inconsequential) details... that's what I do, you know, with the life I live in my head... you know... the life where I'm rich and thin and loved by gorgeous men around the globe. Doesn't matter HOW it all happened... just that it IS ;)

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

glad I wasnt in that igloo with you! lol

Jennifer P. said...

ok--y'all are blowing me away with these comments! Staci girl, you are going to give me such a big head I can't even say :)!

This post wasn't suppose to be *good* -- just mildly entertaining, kind of funny, with a "gotcha" ending. Ah well! Thanks anyway!

And Jennifer Paganelli (the original Jennifer P.!) you are SUCH a rock star, I can't believe you even come over here to read this drivel! Don't you have magazines to be in and a fabric line to promote? You are just too cool!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Michelle said...

Ok, that was too funny!

Lauren and Justin said...

you so crazy.

Ashley said...

I happen to love Jason Bourne! && Your post!

Anonymous said...

ooooo...you bad ass!

Sam said...

ha ha - shades of Bourne indeed!

Miki said...

I like how yours is action packed. When you become a writer, can you please (in your laughable spare time) write a movie script where the woman is incredibly intelligent, fast on her feet, and saves a man who keeps falling down every two seconds! Oh, those movies where they make the woman helpless just drives me insane!

Miki said...

Do you know I'm rather serious? I really would like to see a movie with a real woman in it, and I think you could do it!! NOT KIDDING!

Anonymous said...

The name?
Borne...Jennifer Borne...

You're good!
That was a difficult assignment!

KatBouska said...

I wasn't impressed enough with the book to watch the movie...but I loved your post!!

Elena said...

Next time you can put a little Matrix in your story line. :) Funny.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I LOVE the Bourne movies. And it is one of the few series where I like the movies better than the books. And then of course there is Matt Damon...

jori-o said...

I bet you kick booty at playing MadLibs too. Great post!

BBB said...

That was fun

Lula! said...

I want to read the sequel...you know, the one where Bourne comes looking to see who has stolen his identity...and he finds you. And y'all have big kisses. Sloppy kisses. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Boring!!!

Jennifer P. said...

anonymous,
you always have the nicest things to say! If you didn't catch my comment--I was pretty much aware that it was boring.

But thanks for giving me one more number on my comments!

ManicMandee said...

Totally not boring. I didn't see the movie, so you shouldn't have mentioned it and I would have thought how creative you were!

Stu Pidasso said...

That was good. Admit it!! You've been in prison before. You don't pick up toothbrush shank skills like that raising kids (at least not my kids)!! Well at least I know who to call when I am in a tight spot and looking for a "McGyver"!!

Stu Pidasso said...

And those German police must have been fixated on those dance moves, Curl Girl!! GB!! from Stewey (obviously)

Debbie said...

Are you working on your novel yet? Come on!!! Start now!!! That was great! I'll be your publicist because I AM YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN! Always!