Saturday, October 13, 2007

Eat, Work, and be Merry

OUR NEW WINDOW TREATMENTS! Close up on the black and white crewel-work style fabric.
My friend Kimberlee made these and the curtains that cover our sliding door clear back in January. We quickly hung the ones on the slider, but kept putting off hanging these--not sure why. Glad that they're up now though, they really make the living room feel finished.
THE EATING PART:
I love pasta. I could eat it every day. This morning I did a 90 minute step and weights class followed by a 60 minute spinning class, so I definately felt I deserved a big ol' bowl of noodles! This is my favorite fall pasta recipe (since I also love to cook with pumpkin), my kids swear it's macaroni and cheese, but I'm actually getting a lot of vitamin A in them.

PASTA WITH PUMPKIN-SAGE CREAM SAUCE

1 cup heavy cream (I've used 1/2 and 1/2 and it's still good)

1/2 c pumpkin puree

1/4 fresh-grated parmesan

1 T sage (or 16 fresh leaves)

1/2 t salt

1/4 t pepper

1 T butter


Combine all ingredients but the butter in a med. saucepan over med. heat. Simmer till slightly thick (10-12 min.). Remove from heat and stir in butter, toss with cooked pasta and serve immediately (thick sauce with 8oz. pasta, thinner with 16 oz.)


THE WORKING PART: TA-DA!, after 9 months we've finally hung our window treatments in the living room. They look so cute I could have kicked myself for not doing it sooner, but the old-as-the-hills blinds that were already here were at least workable. The cord on one of them finally broke so we couldn't put it off any longer. After that and a lot of errands run, we were feeling pretty merry with ourselves. Hooray for Saturdays!

1 comment:

Elena said...

Very cute curtains. I keep saying that that will be my next purchase fro my living room, but alas, hasn't happened yet. And I can't wait to try your pumpkin pasta. Sounds YUMMY!