Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trunk or Treat

Our Halloween evening started with a yummy dinner of Dracula's "Ghoul"-ash that I saw Rachael Ray make today. I'm glad they got something of nutritional value in the stomachs before the candy-fest started! Then we were off to our ward's trunk-or-treat which is held in the parking lot of the school up the road. The kids went round the loop of cars several times and had plenty of candy and fun with their friends, but wanted more--so I agreed to let Zane and Ethan go around our block once. I also took Liam around to a few of our neighbor's homes. Probably the silliest part of the evening was Brad. He was feeling rather mischievious, so he dressed all in black, climbed the big Elm tree that grows right over the sidewalk, and waited to throw the smarties he had stashed in his pockets down at big kids walking by (I made him promise not to scare any little ones!). He managed even to scare Zane and Ethan on their way home. Yes, my husband is 35 years old :)! All in all it was a wonderful and memorable night! Liam my tiger. The costume was way too big for him, but he loved it so much that I couldn't not let him wear it!
James my cow. He hated wearing the hat at first, and he kept rubbing the pink make-up off his nose! Still a cutie!
Zane, my 'happy hippie', and Ethan my Frankenstein. Zane's costume was a cinch--just puffy paint on a t-shirt. He has been wearing his afro wig around every day for a week! I also had to explain to him what a hippie was when he requested to be one. He seemed to think they were some kind of punk rockers! Ethan's hair took 4 coats of spray-on black hairspray to cover all the blonde. No one had neck bolts in stock, so I finally wrapped the felt things you put on chair legs in tin foil and stuck them on him. They hurt to pull off, but they worked! No one recognized him until he talked!
I inherited my mom's witch hat when she passed away, so I was a witch again this year. I love any excuse to put on lots and lots of make-up. Reminds me of being a teenager again! I had fun with the silver eyelashes on my lower lashes too! Brad took the kids around and let me take it easy handing out the candy from the back of our van.
I got Brad to dress up this year too--mostly to entertain all his deacons. We nicknamed him Peacy-P!
Halloween!

No comments: