Two months and ten days ago I thought about my birthday and dreaded it. But yesterday as I played with my kids, took phone calls and visits from friends, and just let myself
smile and
laugh and
accept a few compliments--
and eat a lot of empty calories :)--I realized that I'm going to be just fine.
I really think I am. Thank you
faith. Thank you
time. Thank you
everyone who went out of their way to make me feel like a million bucks yesterday
(including all you generous commenters!).I started out my day getting my patootie kicked in step choreography class.
Felt great! Sharon, my instructor, is about as
big around as a
toothpick--but the woman could easily pick me up with one toe and throw me across the room.
Nobody messes with her.In the afternoon, I took my older boys to see
Kung Fu Panda. Hooray for a cartoon that didn't make me cry in the theatre
(stupid Finding Nemo.....). If you loves ya some Jack Black like I do--you'll want to see this one. My favorite line:
"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery--all you have is the gift of today--that's why they call it the Present". That really was about the deepest thing in the movie---the rest was all fat Panda jokes and kung fu fightin'!
For dinner, I went out with the sweetest, funniest group of ladies. Ladies--are we
ladies? I really felt more like
girls last night.....I thought they might kick us out we stayed talking so long!
Thank you Kindra for arranging it!
I'm sitting between
Mikki and
Amanda-----
more proof I actually know some of my bloggy friends in real life :)!

Marilyn and Linda arrived after the first picture was taken, but I wanted to make sure I remembered they were there. And Tresa too---she took the first picture and then I never got one of her.
Mmmmmm.....Macaroni Grill. Jazz music, crusty bread, and the ability to doodle on the paper tablecloth with crayons.
Love it!!!
It's not your birthday dinner at a restaurant until you get a hunk of free cake and sang to by a waitress! See the massive pile of forks next to me? One for each of the
10 of us there and we
STILL couldn't eat the whole piece of cake.
Pretty pathetic :)! And after hearing some
crazy in-law stories,
I really feel more of my friends need to start blogs....
After dinner, I came home to have MORE cake with my kids. This was a poppyseed cake with lemon frosting that my friend Michelle made for me. I ate some of it for breakfast this morning. Hey--it has eggs and flour and breakfast-y things in it, right?!?! Perfectly acceptable!

Just some of my
"loot". Lots of things to make me smell irresistable, yummy stuff to eat, and pretty things to look at. Got some more candy, cards, and another gorgeous rose that didn't get in the picture. And money from Mom P.----
THANK YOU!!!

This
was a plate of cookies----quickly devoured. Thank you Franz family :).

Another cake from my neighbor. An ice cream one!
Don't worry little cake---you, too, will make a fine breakfast soon enough.....

And lookie what a cute gift
Elena sent my way.
LOVE IT :)! **********And now I must take a second to yell at my new age: HEY!--33!!!---YOU BE GOOD TO ME!************
27 comments:
Wow, first to comment. Had a great time last night. Glad you had a nice birthday. You DESERVED it!
Definitely glad you had fun last night. If was a fun bunch of girls (yes I said girls) to have together. I'm glad Ryan was able to help you out yesterday (but you shouldn't have paid him). Looks like you got a lot of good stuff, glad that you actually got a couple of the cookies. Hope that this year is a great one. You really deserved a great birthday, I'm glad you had fun.
YAY! Lots of fun and food. (No need for me to have made you a cake.) I am so glad you got that gift. I fretted and worried and fretted somemore because I REALLY should have put it in a box (but I couldn't find one to fit and not be GINORMOUS). And did you love the plastic sack wrapping paper. Yeah, that's what you get when you mail things from your vehicle. :) Hope you like it and if not, send it back cause I love it. ;) Just kidding. Thanks for the shout out.
Welcome to 33! It's been good to me....I'm sure it will be to you as well. So glad you had a great time with girls! Looks like lots of fun and laughter. Sure wish I could be there to share in the fun...and some of those yummy cakes.
Happy Birthday!
How fun to actually know your blogging friends
Oooo...I LOVE dessert for breakfast. My favorite is a big 'ol piece of pumpkin pie with a pile of cool whip and a cold glass of milk. Best breakfast ever.
It sounds like you had a fabulous birthday!
It looks like you are so blessed with friends and family around to love and support you...everyday but especially on your birthday. What a wonderful way to celebrate!
Happy Birthday girlfriend!! Glad you had a great birthday.
Lisa Q
lifewiththequeens.blogspot.com
I love that you were queen for the day. You deserve it! Now of course you knew this question was coming and since Heather didn't ask it, I will: Did you hear from New Boots? ;)
Debbie,
Yup.
Happy birthday Jenn! Hmmm, cake for breakfast, that reminds of my husband, ( he's got a sweet tooth for cake ) I want to give you my e-mail adress, but I need to keep it private.
XOXO
Jennifer, I looked at your email earlier today while talking with Elena and we chatted and chatted and I forgot all about commenting!! I must say we both thought you looked so beautiful! Welcome to 33. I'm approaching 35 soon. I like knowing that I'm only a year older than you until next month....wait....
;)
oohh, I meant to say, "I looked at your BLOG earlier today"...
...boy...
sorry, no computer guru over here that knows how to break into people's emails and look at them! Just a fantastic typoist!
Miki,
Good thing you clarified that---but DARN! too---I was hoping you'd teach me your hacker secrets :)! And I can't believe you're 35---you don't look a day over 29!
Thanks for the sweet compliment!
Woo-hoo for birthdays and friends to celebrate them with! Looks like it was a great day from start to finish. I hope all those cookies and cakes are just a glimpse into the sweet treats to come this year!
♡ It sounds like a GREAT birthday! What great friends you have! ;)
So glad you had a good time out with friend!
How long is your birthday celebration going to last?! How fun. We'll be at the beach for my birthday next month. Wonder if I can turn it into a multi-day (multi-week) celebration?!
Cake. Is. Good.
You look good in "35".
Keep Smiling!
Stopping to wish you a wonderful and very Happy Birthday. Looks like you were suffiently spoiled (as you should be). :-)
You made out like a bandit!!! And I agree I hate be called a lady...but I fully accept and look forward to each year as I grow into one! I'm glad you had a lovely time!!
I'm just getting caught up from my feature on SITS and making it around to some of my favorite blogs.
I missed your birthday. Happy birthday! it looks like you had a wonderful day! Good friends are the perfect gift.
I am so happy you had a good time. If anyone deserved a nice birthday, it is you! That cake...all those cakes, looked yummy. Drool.
Jennifer P! You crack me UP. First of all, Happy Birthday. I'm glad you didn't die in a fire. Second,that comment you made about not knocking too hard on the wood or it might catch fire...Ok. Laughed out loud on that one. Third, I love seeing photos of you because I have a distinct picture of you in my head and every time I see a photo, I have to tweak it a bit. You are just so CUTE!
looks like a fun time! (macaroni grill!)
Happy Birthday :o)
~simply~
hey happy birthday jennifer!!
your party sounds so nice.
i would love a girls' night right about now.
especially one that involves 3 cakes!
i am almost the same age as you...in 4 months.
i am so glad you could be surrounded by friends on your special day.
that is important and a true blessing.
-meg
Post a Comment