Liam makes the best 4 1/2 year old boy kind of drawings. Stick men with big eyes (sometimes even three or four eyes...), tiny mouths, arms coming out the side of their heads and legs growing out of their chin. Love them!
My fridge is filled with his drawings. One big wall in my hallway is filled with his drawings. And he still keeps making more.... SO, one day I got out an envelope and let him put a few in there and told him "we'll send these to Grandpa and Grandma Peterson". He was thrilled! Suddenly he wanted to put all his drawings in envelopes and send them to everyone we knew.
A few days after that, he went out to get the mail with me and asked if there was anything he could open. I gave him a credit card offer to tear into. Guess what he found in there? An envelope. Guess what he did? Yup. Put one of his drawings in it, licked it shut, and stuck it back out in the mailbox. And I thought----hey! good idea! It's prepaid after all!...... So now every major credit card company sending me a "no postage required" envelope-----is an owner of a Liam original. You're welcome Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover. Thanks for encouraging my child's creativity by footing the postage bill!
Just putting his talent to good use...... :)





49 comments:
Now that's funny! And a great idea! Usually we just tear up the enclosed offer and stick it back in the prepaid envelope, but I like your idea better.
That kid is just trying to pay it forward. Kudos Liam!
That is such a cute idea! I've heard of people stuffing those prepaid envelopes full of junk mail and mailing it back,which means it's paid for by the companies. :)
You have raised a very bright boy. I may use that idea myself :)
What a smart boy! That is so cute.
What a smart boy! That is so cute.
HA!!!!LOL!! THat is tooooo funny. Wouldn't you love to be the person at the cc company opening the mail. I would get SUCH a kick out it. Tell Liam I want a picture! :)
That is just to stinkin' funny..
Hilarious! Much better than what I used to do which was to tear up the credit card offer and mail it back in the prepaid envelope. :)
What a cute little man.
Cute and frugal...what could be better? :)
Love it! Just love the drawings, the mailings, the whole idea of spreading the beauty around! :)
I've got so many pictures I don't know what to do with them anymore, but I hate to part with them. So I take a picture. Someday I'll print them into postcards...well, that's the idea at least.
That will show them! Can you picture the credit card office filled with beautiful children's drawings......covering the walls???
Priceless.
Maybe that will solve our "credit crunch".
Great idea!
Lovin' that idea! Time to start collecting those prepaid envelopes.
Love it! Maybe someone having a bad day will be the one that gets that envelope. It would cheer me up!
PRICELESS!! People would be happier if they got more drawings from children. We should start a movement!
Lisa Q
Oh wow this is great. I think we should all start doing this. I am so tired of getting these offers and the checks--blank checks no less...grrr. I think you should start a campaign to get all little children a chance to share their artistic creations with the world and let the credit card companies foot the bill! Excellent idea - Thanks Liam!
What a great idea. They send you unsolicited mail, why not send it right back. And original artwork at that! I'd say they are getting the better end of the deal, for SURE.
Wow........he's totally artistic, and brilliant. I wonder if Visa, Mastercard and Amex realizes that they have originals? :)
Did you notice that we are listed as "classics" on SiTS today? Couldn't be in better company.
THAT is awesome! I think I'll let my 3 (nearly 4) year old do that TODAY. As a matter of fact, my 7 year old is frequently asking me to let her mail letters. I think I'll adopt this for her as well. LOL
hilarious! keep stickin' it to the man :)
he can mail a drawing to me!
I would have loved to see the faces of those opening the unintended little Liam materpieces. He probably gave someone a well needed chuckle, those are my favorite!
that is an awesome idea! what a smart cookie! and i am sure the people who open the mail that these places really enjoy finding them.
I love that idea. I always used to hand the phone to the kids when a telemarketer would call that way I wasn't "rude" and my kids got to talk away for a minute anyway.
That's awesome. Way to go Liam. When Carter was younger and still not quite understandable with his speech delay, I used to let him answer the phone when it came up unavailable on the caller ID. He would just chatter away until they hung up. Thanks for making me smile this morning.
Fabulous Idea!
I wish I could see their faces when they open those envelopes. I think I would laugh. Because really, it's genius!
It is Liams' way of getting his artwork out there for others to enjoy. What a cutie and what a great mom to do that. You have given me an idea.......
OMG, that's hilarious, Jennifer! What a great idea!!
I want a Liam original.
And now I know what to do with my children's extra artwork.
Oh man, that is really hilarious! I can't wait to start sending drawings (or colorings, I guess) to my family. BUT Moose has this little bitty problem...he would rather eat the crayons than color with them. He understands the concept of coloring but when he holds the color sideways in his hand, the color just doesn't seem to make it to the paper. Oh well, a few more months.
That is SO funny! My kids would LOVE doing that! I can't wait to get one of those in the mail.
Those cc companies are BLESSED to get some Liam love in the mail. Blessed, I tell you. Fer sure.
Cute! I'm sure they'll make some poor underpaid fellow or gal smile.
OMG - Your son looks just like mine in profile and today my little guy is even wearing a red shirt, too. I had to do a triple take! What a TERRIFIC idea! I know my son would love it! I wonder if enough of us did the same thing, would the CC companies quit mailing out? Definitely worth trying.
Now that is one creative son you have. Super fun blog you have here!
That is hilarious!! Good for you for using that postage. My 4 year-old draws a lot too but only pictures of me. I have 5 million portraits around here. Maybe we should send them to the credit card companies as a copy of someone who will not be doing business with them:-)
awesome. i'd love to see their faces when opening them. ha ha ha, they're probably ticked! ;)
LOVE this! I pack junk mail in them sometimes. Hmmmmm, what other stuff could we put in there? Used kleenexes, dryer lint....the possibilities are endless!
How funny! My girls love stuffing those envelopes with their original artwork but I've never actually mailed them....
I wonder...can you change the address on those prepaid envelopes? Or does it have to go back to the original sender?
That is a GREAT idea!! Way to go little Liam...I feel like I should send him something :) What a cutie!
Brilliant! My kids got into the habit of wanting to make pictures to send to their friends. But they expect more mail in return. I don't think mine would willingly part with their art for a credit card company. But I always give the phone to Madalyn if a telemarketer calls.
I just love the kid drawings. And it cracks me up how almost every kid's drawings are nearly the same... with the legs and arms growing directly out of the oversized head!
Thanks for stopping by on your BATW layover!
that is the BEST idea. i think that we need to satrt sending those companies some much needed art work---i'll bet his stuff is up in someone's cubicle :)
i've got lots and lots of dinasaur pictures...big C is really into drawing those.
So this solves the mystery of the financial services turmoil right now! I agree that it probably makes someone smile on the receiving end. That's sweet!
Jennifer thank you for speaking in our class today. I am 42 and today was the first time I've ever read any blogs. I even followed your information sheet and started my own blog. It's a little rough but I hope I can get the hang of it. Thanks again, Stephanie
I LOVE IT! I think the person on the other end of that envelope is going to get a big big kick out of it when they open it. Did he at least autograph it for them?
Yes!!!
so cute! I rip of the offers and stick them back in and send em back!
What a great idea! I just might start doing this! :)
Post a Comment