Wednesday, December 12, 2007
prayers for Liam
So you take your child into the doctor for an upset stomach and you leave with the possible prognosis of a brain tumor. Yes-- I'm in that horrible position that you hope, as a mother, you will never be in. Ever. We had the CT scan done this afternoon, and so now we wait and wait. Probably to find out on Friday. Wish someone could tranquilize me until then, but I have to go on being Mom. Any prayers on his behalf would be so appreciated. I hate to post it like this, but people who read this on a daily basis are bound to know something's up when you don't hear much from me over the next few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Oh my word!!!!!! I don't even know what to say, except that maybe I'll just call you on the phone to get more details. I am so sorry !!! We will for sure have you and him in our prayers tonight.
Oh Jennifer! I will pray right now. This happened to my parents (with me) as well. I will pray you get the same beautiful results they did.
I hope you can keep yourself busy today. Here's my nursing advice as well. If it were me, I wouldn't wait til Friday. Call, call, call. It takes 10 minutes to read a CT scan. That's just me.
We're praying for healing and for peace for your family.
Jennifer, I was shocked at your news. I am so sorry-- the stress you must be feeling is probably unmeasurable. My prayers are with you, your son and your family. Hope to hear good news on Friday.
I'm frustrated with your doctor for jumping to conclusions before even running the tests! That is not the way to approach a mother who would obviously be worried about her son when it could be a myriad of other things. I hope little Liam is feeling okay and that you can keep your mind on other things till tomorrow. Keep us posted! You are both in our prayers. Love you!
K
I just wanted you to know I've been thinking about you all morning and praying too. This must be so stressful for you.
Karli--Now that I know everything is alright, I am actually grateful my doctor ordered the test. He's a personal friend of ours, and he just said there would be no way he could go to sleep that night unless he knew for sure. He also ran a series of blood tests to check for other problems (i.e. liver disease--all came back negative). I don't think there's anything you can say to a mom concerning the health of her child that WON'T make her worry!!!
Post a Comment