Tuesday, July 29, 2008

more of the ipod thing you've seen on other people's blogs.... because i have blog stall.....and this is the longest title EVER

I know you have to have seen this challenge floating around by now. I stole it from Heather. You put your ipod on shuffle (or in my case non-ipod mp3 player that has had the same songs on it for a year...), then answer the following questions with whatever song comes up. FUN TO DO---FUNNER TO READ :)! (I know funner is not a word, by the way...)

1. What would describe your personality? : Army of Me (Bjork)

2. What do you like in a guy/girl? : Call Me Irresponsible (Michael Buble')

3. How do you feel, today?: Dance This Mess Around (The B-52's)

4. What’s your life’s purpose?: Just Can't Get Enough (Depeche Mode)

5. What is your motto? : Don't Know Why (Norah Jones)

6. What do your friends think of you?: Beautiful Life (Ace of Base--and no, I'm not ashamed to have Ace of Base on my playlist....)

7. What do you think of your parents?: Jumpin', Jumpin' (Destiny's Child)

8. What do you think about very often?: My Blue Heaven (Harry Connick, Jr.)

9. What do you think of your best friend? :Feel the Vibrations (Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch---again, no shame here!)

10. What do you think of the person you like?: S.O.S (Erasure's version)


****Hurry quick!--pause your music player now before it gets to the cussing part. I don't want to offend anyone--but this version of SexyBack was too hilarious not to put up, you'll understand why in a few questions.....*****

11. What is your life story?: Girl You Know It's True (Milli Vanilli--o.k. I AM a little embarrassed by this one.....)

12. What do you want to be when you grow up?: Be My Lover (La Bouche)

13. What do you think when you see the person you like?: Run to the Sun (Erasure)

14. What do your parents think of you? : Oops!...I Did it Again (Brittany Spears)

15. What will be played at your funeral? :SexyBack (Justin Timberlake)

16.What is your hobby/interest?: Trash (New York Dolls)

17. What is your biggest secret? : Girlfriend in a Coma (The Smiths)

18. What do you think of your friends?: Love to Hate You (Erasure---I sure love Erasure)

19. What should you post this as? :Harry Potter Prologue (John Williams)


Elena--I would like you to be on the search for a piano/flute/cello/acoustic guitar arrangement of SexyBack to be played at my funeral.........and to the rest of you: If you don't take this whole challenge, at least do it for the funeral question and let me know in your comments what it comes up as :)!

27 comments:

Elena said...

LOL! I'll be on the lookout! Hilarious. Now if I owned an ipod something or other that shuffled, I could take this challenge. I'll have to see if I can get Jarom to help shuffle stuff up on the computer.

Heather said...

The funeral ones are hilarious! And yes, of course, why wouldn't we play Sexyback at your funeral? I also like that your biggest secret is that you have a girlfriend in a coma. Bwhahahahahaha!!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

That was too funny. Glad i can get out of this challenge since I seriously don't own an ipon and all my boys who own them are gone for the week at camp...bummer,...not that I would want to get out of it or anything.:) But...let me tell you....we will have a rockin' funeral. I am assuming we're all invited.

Brittany Ann said...

Yay! This is hysterical, I stole your idea. :)

Ronnica said...

No worries on not getting the books. I don't think I would recognize but a few of them if I had not created this myself, and these are MY favorites. =) And you're totally right about Anna Karenina being on the list.

Okay, so you like a guy to be irresponsible?

Life purpose: "Just Can't Get Enough." Very philosophical.

Oh, and funner should be a word. Reminds me of Legally Blonde. "It'll be just like senior year...only funner!"

I tried doing this one time w/my ghetto mp3 player, but realized the stupidity in that...it doesn't do shuffle!

Jenni said...

I love how random your music selection is! Mine would be equally as random, but without Milli Vanilli. . .and it might have a little country:)

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I am almost afraid to see what I would end up with. Too fun though and I love Erasure too.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love sexy back for a funeral march. Who knew?! (And I *LOVE* that song!) And I think it's funny that your friends love to hate you. I wish I could do this challenge. But I don't have an ipod or an mp3 player. Maybe I should ask the same questions to my huband and post his answers. Or at least see if it'll be amusing...

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Your funeral song is hilarious!

Miki said...

I don't even really get the challenge I'm so IPOD, MP3 challenged. If I owned one, I would need a teenager to teach me how to use it...or any one of these women who knows what the heck is going on. I know I would LOVE this challenge though if I had one.

At my funeral: Something with Thank you in it over and over.

Rosemary Q said...

At my funeral...

"Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"

I hope it's at Christmas:-) Then it will be politically correct. LOL.

momofonefornow said...

Here is the link to my post. My funeral song wasn't a big deal but my wedding song was "before he cheats" That cracked me up.

I love this version of Sexy Back. It is awesome with a capital A!

Anonymous said...

I have Milli Vannili on my paylist, too.

Jennifer P. said...

romi--
and i thought having milli vanilli on my player was bad----grandma got ran over by a reindeer? REALLY :)?! I guess I just can't imagine a desire to listen to that song over and over and over :)!

robyn--
i see we share the same "fine taste" in music!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

lol too funny! :) "Sexy Back" at your funeral...I think we need to hang out some more! hehe

Caroline said...

OOOOh, that is good. I'll be taking your idea thank you much. Thanks for giving me some SITS love on my special day. You're the best JP!

Tracy said...

I stole your idea too!

My funeral song is Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol).

Carla said...

How funny, I actually did a little quiz thing exactly like this from email!
It was quite fun to read this...I happen to love the fact that you listen to all sorts of different music! Some people decide to only listen to religious music (which I do totally respect) but Ive always grown up listening to tons of different types of music. Such as rock, oldies, pop, etc. Plus I dont think music has a bad influence on me; I certainly dont take direction from all my music!

Sissy said...

I loooove the song from Harry Potter with the choral group singing "Double, double, toil and trouble." Thought that was so funny to have as a song!

Debbie said...

Those were great! I don't have songs loaded on my MP3 player yet...lame I know. I will have to do this and let you know about the funeral thing...

aimee said...

hi jennifer, i just found your blog a couple of weeks ago. and i enjoy keeping up with ya. so i have a blog award for ya. you can check it out on my blog.
btw, i don't have an ipod, but if i did erasure and depeche mode would definitely be on it!!!

WheresMyAngels said...

I don't have an ipod, cause Child Husband doesn't think I am smart enough for one:(

Lauren and Justin said...

ooooh this is going to be my blog entry today!! thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jennifer~ This looks like tons of fun~ I'm gonna join in the challenge, when I charge my non-ipod mp3 player.. and I have the same Milli Vanilli song, and quite a few Erasure songs on mine~! I'll let you know when I do this!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ I love this tag! :)

Mama Dawg said...

If I can have Juice Newton on mine, you can have Ace of Base on yours. 'Nuff said.

Aja Jenise said...

I foudn you through a chick of a chick of a chick... good grief. So I am a complete stranger reading your blog... is that wierd?! Anyhow, I am LDS as well, a Mistreater from The Nesting Place, and a homeschooling family. Love your boys they are too cute. I had tow girls first, then a boy... oh am I in for or what... it's liek having candy for the first time... I can;t get enough of my little man. Anyhow... I think your funnier than all heck... just wanted to stroke your ego!! It's not a guy thing... every girl needs it once in a while huh...

Aja
SE Kansas