

I am so sad. It's like someone has popped my blogging balloon. Stepped on my pet blogging caterpillar. Told me there's no such thing as Bloggy Claus. Let me just beat that dead blogging horse a little more--really, this stinks.

Yesterday evening I followed a link to a website. It was set up a little differently than ones I'd seen before text-wise, but cute and very enjoyable. Made a new friend while I was there. Then I came back to my page, and wowza! I don't know what happened, but suddenly all the fonts are huge. HUGE! (See I'm trying to make that HUGE look huge, but it all looks the same to me now!). And it didn't just infect my page, but all blogs and blog-related items in every hosting format I've tried (typepad, wordpress, etc.) and through my MSN and through Internet Explorer. It's like I'm stuck in 256 color mode, but not on my whole computer--just in blogland. I don't know what went wrong.
And so now I am forced to look at giant lettering on everything. Have you ever sat next to an elderly person at church, and they have a set of scriptures that's about 4 ft. thick and the printing is really, really big? Yeah. It's like that. It hurts my eyes to look at it. It hurts my hand to have to scroll through the insane amount of space all the giant lettering is taking up. I kept hoping it was a blogger problem, but no one else seems to be seeing it. Of course they're not.
Have you tried contacting blogger, like personally? Up to a five month wait my friends. Five flippin' months! So I put in my plea for help with every html person I know. The only information I could gleen was that somewhere in the stream of nonsense letters, numbers, and brackets--I have a broken tag. a>p&$r36htm.)) a).>help I'm broken here!*875ret.kr}]a>
And a broken heart (sniff. sniff.).

So you will not be hearing about "my mad mothering skillz", or seeing photos of the 5 different kinds of finches (finchi?) that were eating on my back porch and splashing in our hot tub today--you will just have to live with my long complaint. And I may continue on with these horrible posts until someone helps me......or until I drive you all away (I give that one two days tops!)
SAVE MY BLOG!!!

update: 10 minutes later: My husband just sat down and within 20 seconds had the thing fixed. (I've tried off and on for two hours today, by the way.) Apparantley there's this thing called "view" in your tool bar and it kind of regulates your font size, and um....mine was on "large". Yeah, I'm an idiot. But I'm leaving this post up just to give myself a laugh. Oh, also on that bogus html tag I made in the middle of the post--apparantley some of it highlighted as an actual link to follow. Follow it at your own risk. I have no idea what rabbit hole it might lead down.....





11 comments:
I am laughing so hysterically right now (not AT you, WITH you!). Since having met you (in blogland!) I have thought that everything you touch turns to gold. you are amazing! But tonight you prove yourself as human. Amazingly talented human, but human nonetheless.
Hooray for a computer literate honey!
Aren't honey's the best(as long as they don't have a cold, ahem).
Thank you for your response. I actually live in a design challenged house in Emmett, and I am an Ellsworth. We moved here almost 5 years ago from AZ, so I am really, really related to the ones there, but we Ellsworths like to migrate... It's one of those families that you have to clarify which wife you were related to,too. Crazy pioneers!
Trish,
you really need to visit my house about 10 am and look at the state of it, and of me--and then you can really laugh about thinking I am anything more than a lowly human!!!
Kristan,
Look at my friend list. Lee Ann's parents live in Emmett! My husband does business with the optometrist there! I go there every June to attend the cherry festival! Small world! Almost bought a house there--great big old restored one out by all the big powerlines when you come into town. Nice place to live that Emmett!!! (except when the giant hill is icy!)
HILARIOUS!!! Way to go Brad. So I see that all my tech-savviness this morning didn't help a wink. LOL! Told you I was good for nothing. I am so glad it's working again. Now I want to see cute finchi.
Jaren saves me from so many things too. He gets me out of really tough spots also. Our men...I hate it though when I work on something for hours and it take him mintues, literally, to fix the problem. This was fun though- I wish we were friends down the street. I know we would get along so well. ;)
Thanks for all the love and support you show me; I am so grateful. I look forward to your comments and thoughts.
You will be surprised, but I didn't take my camera to Disneyland. I had a shoot that morning and was feeling like I needed to let things settle. Take a look at the pictures though...I AM HUNGRY! They turned out pretty cute. ;) Tell me what you think. I will get them up late Friday- Kam
Ohhhhhhhhhh... I've done this too... it took me FOREVER to figure out what happened... one of the kids was messing with the toolbar for sure!
Glad it all worked out!!
Silly girl! I saw your message over at my blog. I promise I didn't install a giantress code on The Nester's blog. I promise. I'm guessing a little helper hit something. On Windows in the lower right corner is a magnifying glass that makes it very easy to make your font GINORMO. On a Mac it's simply command +.
Sorry your 'puter went wonky. But The Nester's site is safe!
Thanks for the giggle.
-Darcy from LWM3B
that is so funny! I have actually done that before. You're cute.
the family shower is going to be at alisons house on feb.2nd. we would have moved it closer, but it had already been planned and it's just easier to leave it be. (: if i don't see you before then, keep checking hte blog for updated pics of the little one. love him so much.
k
I'm so glad he figured it out, I couldn't live without your blog and I was afraid you were quitting.
Computer issues are so stressful. I wish we all had an IT guy.
funny.
will he hold this over you awhile?
mine would.
in a loving playful way.
but enough to make me crazy.
i'm glad you figured it out.
you are human...there's no doubt now. :)
take care...now show us the finches!
he he ha ha...I learned that the hard way too...he he
~simply~
Post a Comment